When: Friday 27.11.2009 10am- 1pm.
Where: Place: Pluto cabinet at Pilotti Building, 5th floor, Spektri
We have an international visitor working with Multitouch and other interesting novel applications and have arranged an informal workshop for 10am -1pm noon on Friday 27th November with one 45 minute presentation and 4 X 15 minute presentations and discussions.
Our visiting speaker is Hyowon Lee from Dublin City University
1) Hyowon Lee: Designing Novel Applications Inspired by Emerging Media Technologies will show some different multimedia applications on a variety of platforms that he has designed, and looks to raise design issues for the ubiquitous use of different interaction platforms. He asks how can we leverage this design knowledge that is currently growing for different platforms/devices?
Hyowon will give a 40 -45 minute talk (showing some novel apps) and afterwards we have a round of 5 X 15 minutes presentations each of other speakers with 5 minutes for discussion, with 15 minutes final round up discussion. We have three of these short presentations from visitors outside Uix:
2) Tatu Harviainen: Tatu Harviainen is currently working as a research scientist at the augmented reality team of VTT Technical Research Centre of Finland. His research work has focused on different aspects of virtual and augmented reality and novel user interfaces. He has M.Sc. on computer science from University of Helsinki and MA on new media from University of Art and Design Helsinki and is currently looking forward in furthering his post graduate studies at Helsinki University of Technology.
3) Mika P. Nieminen from Helsinki University of Technology: http://stratus.soberit.hut.fi/profile/userprofile-5.html
4) Tommi Ilmonen from Multitouch Oy and founding developer of CityWall, Helsinki amongst many other applications.
And two short presentations from projects within Uix:
5) Celine Coutroux and Ivan Avdouevski: Large multitouch public interfaces for artistic installations (CALLAS project) and a jazz festival (S3 project).
6) Toni Laitinen from IPCity (with IPCity team): Worlds of Information: Design and Problems
The running order will be: (times include discussion)
10:00 am - 11:00 am: Hyowon Lee: Designing Novel Applications Inspired by Emerging Media Technologies
11:00 am- 11:20am: Tatu Harviainen: Multitouch development at the VTT's Augmented Reality team
11: 20 am- 11:40am: Mika Nieminen: Holodeck: Controlling context and user experience for design - a research project proposal
11:40am- 12:00pm: Tommi Ilmonen: Interaction Techniques in Ubiquitous Computing: Multitouch Displays
12:00pm- 12:20pm Celine Coutrix and Ivan Avdouevski : Large multitouch public interfaces for artistic installations (CALLAS project) and a jazz festival (S3 project).
12:20- 12:40 pm Toni Laitinen: Worlds of Information: Design and Problems
Discussion 12.40 until finish (1pm)
Coffee and Biscuits will be available. You are all welcome (please invite others) and there will be some interesting work discussed, so please do come!
More enquiries to ann.morrison(a)hiit.fi: Address: Metsänneidonkuja 4, Spektri Building, Pohjois-Tapiola, Espoo
Last updated on 7 Jan 2010 by WWW administrator - Page created on 27 Nov 2009 by Visa Noronen