Home » FuNeSoMo May Call for research exchange ICSI and UCB, DL 18.5.2012
FuNeSoMo May Call for research exchange ICSI and UCB, DL 18.5.2012
FuNeSoMo Call May 2012
CALL FOR APPLICATIONS FOR FUNDING RESEARCH EXCHANGE BETWEEN ICSI Berkeley/UCB AND HIIT - DEADLINE 18.5.2012 http://www.hiit.fi/funesomo/may2012call
Future Networks, Society and Modeling (FuNeSoMo) project is announcing an open call for applications for funding for research visits between Finland and US. This call is directed primarily to cover research exchange between Aalto University and the International Computer Science Institute ICSI Berkeley and/or University of California, Berkeley (UCB).
The call is intended to support research visits of 3-11. For senior applicants, also shorter research visits can be funded (minimum 2 weeks) but visit duration cannot exceed 6 months. The research visits cannot extend beyond December 2013.
The application consists of the following documents:
- A list of possible hosts within ICSI and/or UCB. An already established contact is not required in order to suggest a host. Suggested hosts will be contacted in collaboration with ICSI and UCB. If established contact exists, a recommendation letter from the suggested host can be added to the application, but is not obligatory.
- A high-quality research plan in the area of FuNeSoMo with tentative schedule and budget covering all expected costs (salary, housing, travel) demonstrating tight connection with FuNeSoMo thematic research areas and an outline of planned collaboration with the possible host.
- CV including publication list
- Students only: A recommendation letter from supervisor
- Students only: Transcript of study record
- Students only: Master's degree certificate
To apply, send your application by email to the coordinator kristiina.karvonen(at)hiit.fi containing all required documents as separate pdf files as attachments by 18.5.2012. Incomplete or late applications will not be considered. For any questions relating to the applying procedure, please get in touch with the coordinator early on.
A successful candidate will have a good track record of high-quality research in the area of FuNeSoMo (depending on the career phase). The main target group of the call is senior candidates, but applications from graduate students are also more than welcome. The junior applicants must have at least a master's level degree and be enrolled as a graduate student in either Aalto University or University of Helsinki to be eligible to apply for funding from FuNeSoMo.
FuNeSoMo funding will cover the salary, daily allowance and travel expenses and a fixed sum for housing expenses during the research visits for the successful candidates. The salary is based on HIIT salary policy. Applicants from companies should get in touch with the coordinator to inquire how to apply for funding from FuNeSoMo for a research exchange to ICSI.
The FuNeSoMo steering group will choose the best applications for funding. The funding decisions will be announced end of May directly to all applicants.
FuNeSoMo has 2-3 calls annually. The next call deadline is planned for September 2012.
To find out more about the project contents and thematic research areas, visit project website at
http://www.hiit.fi/funesomo and download project description (.pdf).
For all inquiries, please contact
Dr. Kristiina Karvonen Coordinator, FuNeSoMo
Helsinki Institute for Information Technology HIIT www.hiit.fi
Aalto University www.aalto.fi and University of Helsinki www.helsinki.fi/university
Email: kristiina.karvonen at hiit.fi
Tel. +358 50 3841 624