Open Calls to Support the Helsinki ICT Community
Please see https://www.hiit.fi/support-call/
Open Postdoctoral Position in Machine Learning for Inferring Chemical Toxicity
We are looking for a postdoctoral researcher with expertise in machine learning to work on a collaboration project between Professor Samuel Kaski’s team in Finnish Center for Artificial Intelligence FCAI at Aalto University and Janssen Pharmaceutica. The exciting research problem is to learn to infer toxicity of chemicals based on the chemical structure, and the great opportunity is that we have unique data for the learning.
The successful candidate will be employed by Aalto University and work in Otaniemi campus (Helsinki, Finland) for the 1st year of the 2-year contract. During the 2nd year, the work will be performed at Janssen Pharmaceutica premises in Beerse, Belgium.
Several Postdoctoral Researcher and Research Fellow Positions in ICT (Helsinki, Finland)
Several positions to be filled at Aalto University and University of Helsinki in different areas of ICT:
- artificial intelligence and machine learning,
- data science,
- privacy and security,
- computational health, and
- human-computer interaction.
We welcome applications linking two or more of these areas together, and encourage female applicants to apply!
Deadline for applications is 31 January 2018. See further information.
FIMM-HIIT Doctoral Student Call 2018
Modern molecular medicine requires state-of-the-art methodologies in data science, including algorithms and machine learning methods, and the analysis, visualization and modelling of large data sets.
As part of an annual international joint call of the Nordic EMBL Partnership for Molecular Medicine, HIIT and Institute of Molecular Medicine Finland (FIMM) have five openings for doctoral students who show outstanding potential to become independent researchers and who will significantly benefit from the FIMM-EMBL/HIIT International PhD rotational training. Specifically, these positions are in the fields of molecular medicine (FIMM) and bioinformatics and computational biomedicine (FIMM-HIIT) and data science (HIIT).
FIMM and HIIT work together with the University of Helsinki Doctoral School in Health Sciences and doctoral programs (DSHealth) and Helsinki Doctoral Education Network in Information and Communications Technology (HICT) to provide excellent training and courses aimed at a doctoral degree at the University of Helsinki or Aalto University.
- Application instructions at FIMM website
- Call deadline: February 8, 2018 at 23:59 Eastern European Time
Participating research groups
Computational Inference Research Programme (COIN):
- Samuel Kaski, Probabilistic Machine Learning Group, HIIT, Aalto University
- Matti Pirinen, Computational Genomics Research Group, FIMM&HIIT, University of Helsinki
- Aki Vehtari, Probabilistic Machine Learning Group, HIIT, Aalto University
Foundations of Computational Health Research Programme (FCHealth):
- Tero Aittokallio, Computational Systems Medicine, FIMM&HIIT, University of Helsinki
- Aris Gionis, Data Mining Group, HIIT, Aalto University
- Ville Mustonen, HIIT, University of Helsinki
- Jari Saramäki, Complex Systems Research Group, HIIT, Aalto University
- Juho Rousu, Kernel Methods, Pattern Analysis and Computational Metabolomics, HIIT, Aalto University